With interruptions and distractions competing with your focus, working from home can be a challenge. Even more complicated can be the element of tracking your work hours.
A recent Wall Street Journal article by Joanna Stern gathered daily tech solutions for individuals who’ve found themselves working from home. Reader Michael Moran of Georgetown, Texas, suggested using a time tracking app to avoid the “black hole of time.”
Let’s explore one of the apps suggested, and explore the features that make Clockify a great choice for remote teams.
Clockify is a time tracker and timesheet app for managing work hours across projects. A unique feature of the platform is that it is available for an unlimited number of users for free.
The app allows users to track time from anywhere and seamlessly switch between devices – all data is synced online in real time. As explained on the clockify.me website:
“Clockify is a web app that works in a browser. In addition to the web version, you can also install Clockify on your desktop and mobile devices (iOS, Android, Mac, Windows) and track time from where it’s most convenient to you personally. All time between devices is synced online.”
Like other time tracking apps, users can start and stop the timer as they work, or enter hours manually.
Clockify appears to be endlessly versatile, integrating with more than 50 web apps, like Basecamp, Monday, Asana, and Trello. Once users install the browser extension, a timer button will automatically appear inside the other apps and allow workers to easily track time from anywhere.
Picture this: a team member opens an assignment in your project management platform of choice, and the time tracker is already embedded in the task description. No more confusion about project names and rates, and no need to compare tracking reports with a different platform’s project reports.
Helpful features of Clockify include:
- Timer Tracker: In addition to the timer or manual entry, projects can be easily tracked and marked as billable or non-billable hours.
- Timesheet: Reports can be run quickly and easily by selecting time periods and activities, and users can also set a list of predefined tasks.
- Dashboard: View top activities, visual charts and project breakdowns from the dashboard feature. Easily pull any information needed to get a breakdown of daily productivity by user or activity, and quickly access real-time billables.
- Projects: Track time on projects, monitor progress and budget, and review tracked vs estimated time.
- Team: Be sure to invite your team to start using Clockify. The app allows an unlimited number of users for free, and per-user hourly rates can be set for speedy reporting.
In addition to these features, Clockify allows users to customize fields like expenses, mileage, location and more.
Follow Clockify on Facebook, where you’ll find helpful articles about productivity and time management.